Sunday, September 11, 2011

"No, This Child Will Be Gifted..."

"... with love, with patience, and with faith. She'll make her way." This song popped into my head today and for the life of me I could not remember the artist name, the song title, or even the lyrics (I search for the lyrics when I don't know the song or the artist). It was on the tip of my tongue (all 3) so after a couple of searches of "90s Female Musicians" I finally saw Natalie Merchant's name and searched for her on Youtube. I always liked this song from the moment I first heard it but I really fell in love after hearing an interview with Natalie Merchant on NPR about a year ago where she talked about the true story that inspired her to write it. I'll update this post tomorrow with a link to that article tomorrow but for now here's her song "Wonder."

-Natália

No comments:

Post a Comment