Saturday, August 11, 2012
Sunday, April 1, 2012
Thursday, March 8, 2012
I recently started MMA (Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) and couldn't be happier. It's been about 6 weeks and I've already lost weight and feel amazing! So much fun! As a kid (from 9-16) I did Tae Kwon Do and very briefly, some Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at around age 11 for about 6 months so martial arts isn't completely new to me. However, I've had an almost 10 year hiatus but things are starting to come back.
I finally found what was missing. :)
Monday, January 2, 2012
Now, for my 2012 list I'm not going to add working out or eating healthy to my list because I feel they're redundant and I'm always trying to improve my life in that regard. The list that I am going to create will have resolutions that I haven't attempted before. Here goes...
1. Drink absolutely no soda for the entire year. (*exception is Guarana, a Brazilian soda b/c I only drink it when I'm in Brazil and I'll only be there once this year)
2. Purchase no accessories (I have way too many hand bags and costume jewelry so I'm not buying anything new for at least an entire year. If I do, I'll write a post about it).
3. Purchase a home (With the money I'll be saving from not purchasing handbags and jewelry and my bad ass credit score, this shouldn't be a problem)
4. Get a promotion (I'm not sure how long it usually takes for my position but I've been there for 5 months and would love to have the "assistant" from "Logistics Assistant" removed from my title.
And for the goals I would like to not classify as "resolutions" I would like to list the following:
2. Eat healthy
3. Watch at least 1 TED talk a week
4. Read at least 2 books a month (1 in Portuguese)
Anyway, we'll see how this all goes....
2012, here I come!
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
One thing I am willing to openly admit on my internet page so infrequently visited is that I feel unsure, confused, in the middle of a slight identity crisis, and lonely. I'm also extremely appreciative of every single thing going on in my life at the moment and also unbelievably happy. I just really hate not having my life figured out or at least outlined in some way. I work best with structure and this whole "learn as you go" process is frustrating until I eventually get the hold of things. Unfortunately, it takes time to get the hang of things.
Btw, I absolutely love someecards.com and saw this little gem today:
Fucking awesome! Ha!
Sunday, September 11, 2011