Sunday, July 25, 2010

This is my first time....


......posting a blog on here! This past week I've felt inspired by a blog on here that a friend of mine has and felt compelled to start my own. Last week I also gave thought to a couple of topics and had an urge to write about them so starting this blog feels like a great idea for me. I had an old one that I started when I was in high school but it turned into something very private and I don't update it often. I hope to turn this one into something more public and interesting (very few high schoolers have interesting thoughts, I was not one of them =P).

Now I'm a recent double-majored college graduate with no job and living with my parents (I hope to change both situations very soon). Being unemployed has left me with no money and lots of time. This seems like a good moment to start a blog. What I hope to get out of this blog is a record of my current self. Despite the silly and frequently immature posts of my high school days I really enjoy sifting backwards and reading. I've always enjoyed looking back at old diaries and journals I kept in elementary and middle school and looking at how I've changed mentally and emotionally and I'm sure that when I'm in my 30s, 40s, 50s, and beyond I'll really enjoy being able to do the same with entries in my 20s and onward. Another thing I hope to get out of this new blog is to connect with a few persons. I've done so on my old blog and have always found it unbelievably enriching connecting with others even if it's just through one, 2, or more thoughts.

Well, I think that's a decent first time-introductory blog.

-Natalia

P.S.

Icee excites me! (Picture taken Mar 2010) I thought I'd post a mature picture in honor of my new "mature" blog! =P

No comments:

Post a Comment