Monday, January 2, 2012

'Sup 2012! 'Sup?!

Ah, yes. It's the beginning of the last year of civilization (again) and with every new year comes those bullshit resolutions.Like pretty much everyone else in the modernized world I've come up with a list of resolutions that I hope to resolve or at least attempt. I don't even remember all of my resolutions (other than the stereotypical "Work-out, eat healthy, blah blah blah...") so hopefully by having this year's publicly written down I'll do a better job at maintaining them.

Now, for my 2012 list I'm not going to add working out or eating healthy to my list because I feel they're redundant and I'm always trying to improve my life in that regard. The list that I am going to create will have resolutions that I haven't attempted before. Here goes...

1. Drink absolutely no soda for the entire year. (*exception is Guarana, a Brazilian soda b/c I only drink it when I'm in Brazil and I'll only be there once this year)

2. Purchase no accessories (I have way too many hand bags and costume jewelry so I'm not buying anything new for at least an entire year. If I do, I'll write a post about it).

3. Purchase a home (With the money I'll be saving from not purchasing handbags and jewelry and my bad ass credit score, this shouldn't be a problem)

4. Get a promotion (I'm not sure how long it usually takes for my position but I've been there for 5 months and would love to have the "assistant" from "Logistics Assistant" removed from my title.

And for the goals I would like to not classify as "resolutions" I would like to list the following:

1. Work-out
2. Eat healthy
3. Watch at least 1 TED talk a week
4. Read at least 2 books a month (1 in Portuguese)

Anyway, we'll see how this all goes....

2012, here I come!

-Natalia

No comments:

Post a Comment